Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Miss You Card

With today being the Fourth of July, I had no plans to make a card.  However, my husband decided to do some yard work and that meant I had time by myself in the house.  Making a card won over doing house chores.  This Miss You Card is a combination of the Freshly Made Sketches challenge and the ColourQ challenge.  I really like how the colours worked with the sketch.

Miss You Card Supplies: Blue cardstock, navy cardstock, red cardstock, calypso coral cardstock and Everyday Enchantment dsp by Stampin' Up!, random scraps of blue patterned paper, fancy  fan embossing  folder  by  Stampin' Up!   (127751), Texture Boutique by Sizzix, butterfly trail stamp by Inkadinkado (99257), VersaMark watermark stamp pad, classic stampin' pad in calypso coral, clear sentiment stamp by TPC Studios (Greetings set, ST93416), Stampendous Pearlustre embossing powder in Lapis and Translucent, Zing! embossing powder in blue metallic finish, heat tool by The Paper Studio, rhinestones, and foam tape.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Andrea, I love the butterfly! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Andrea! I love the colours, the textured background and the stamped image! Basically...the whole card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job combining the challenges. Love the butterfly stamp. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anytime it includes a butterfly I like it -- the sentiment is so much on my mind today -- very nice card -- I could use one today to send to my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Andrea! I love how you added bling to the butterfly swirls. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this butterfly stamp. Great use of colors and textures. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ... that butterfly image is lovely ... love the bling too!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and wonderful job of combining the two sketches! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! I love the color combo... so gorgeous. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andrea, this is gorgeous! Isn't that sketch fun! So happy to see you play with us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊